Thursday, April 16, 2009

New CD of unreleased CSN demos

New CD of unreleased CSN demos due from Rhino on June 2nd :

Crosby Stills and Nash - 'Unreleased Demos'

Due soon from Rhino, 12 previously unreleased demos recorded between 1968 and 1971, including early versions of '"Marrakesh Express", "Almost Cut My Hair", "Long Time Gone" and "Love The One You're With"'.

Neil Young performs with Crosby and Nash on "Music Is Love", a song the three co-wrote that appeared on Crosby's 1971 solo debut, "If I Could Only Remember My Name".

Crosby flies his "freak flag" alone on the anthemic "Almost Cut My Hair", a track featured on the group's 1970 #1 album "Déjà Vu".

Stills performs unaccompanied on a 1968 demo of "My Love Is A Gentle Thing".

Nearly all of the tracks on Crosby Stills and Nash Demos were recorded at Wally Heider studios, a popular recording destination on the West Coast for everyone from Jefferson Airplane to Creedence Clearwater Revival.

No comments: